News and stories from the world of Powersports business.
BRP Presents Its Second Quarter Results for Fiscal Year 2024
- Revenues of $2,778.0 million, up 14% compared to the same period last year, a record second quarter for BRP;
- Normalized EBITDA  of $473.1 million, up 13% compared to the same period last year;
- North American Powersports retail sales grew by 41% compared to the same period last year, once again outperforming the industry and achieving record highs in terms of market share for PWC, ATV and SSV;
- Normalized earnings per share – diluted  of $3.21, an increase of $0.27 per share, or 9%, and earnings per share – diluted of $4.26, an increase of $1.32 per share, or 45%, compared to the same period last year; and
- Increasing full year-end guidance for Normalized EPS – diluted   upward by $0.10, now ranging from $12.35 to $12.85.
Recent events – Highlights from Club BRP 2024
- The Company launched the all-new Can-Am Maverick R, setting a new benchmark in the high-end SSV Sport segment. BRP also announced that it was expanding the Can-Am SSV lineup with more 4-seaters and entry-level models.
- For 3WV, the Company revealed that it was enhancing the rider connectivity experience on all Can-Am Spyder F3 and RT models, which will now feature an all-new 10.25-inch color touchscreen with Apple CarPlay.
- The Company also introduced the next generation of its iconic Sea-Doo Spark, and the new class-leading 325 hp Sea-Doo RXP-X/RXT-X. In addition, it unveiled the new Sea-Doo Switch Cruise Limited pontoon, with a host of upgraded technologies.
- On the Marine side, BRP announced that it was bolstering the Manitou lineup for model year 24 with the all-new Manitou Explore MAX Dual Engine model, featuring dual Rotax S150 outboard engines, a larger MAX Deck and the iDock intuitive piloting system.
Segway Powersports Partners with Evolution Powersports for Villain SX10 Performance Aftermarket Accessories
Segway Powersports has partnered with Evolution Powersports (EVP), a Powersports aftermarket accessories manufacturer, to develop a line of performance aftermarket accessories for the Villain SX10 SSV platform. EVP will introduce and debut a fully-custom Segway Villain at the Sand Sport Super Show (Booth 9100-LI).
“The philosophy we have at Evolution Powersports is to design and create the highest quality aftermarket products built to meet or exceed OE standards,” explains Evolution Powersports Co-Founder Todd Zuccone. “We want to provide the Villain with added power and a unique sound while improving the overall performance to compete with the other vehicles in its class.”
“We’re excited to unveil what the team at Evolution Powersports will bring to the market for the Villain platform,” shared Gabriel Cruz, Marketing Director at Segway Powersports. “With their track record of producing high-quality products that work in real-world conditions, we are excited to share how they have enhanced the performance, ride experience, and overall enjoyment of the Villain platform.”
Evolution Powersports has developed a range of aftermarket enhancements for the Villain platform, which include a bolt-on, intercooled turbo system designed to boost the stock horsepower output by approximately 40%. Subsequently, Evolution introduced a dealership ECU reflashing system, enabling authorized Segway Powersports dealers to enhance customer performance through ECU reprogramming. To further augment performance and create a more aggressive sound, EVP will introduced a high-performance bolt-on exhaust system. Complementing these upgrades, various clutch components will be introduced to maximize the performance of the OEM CVT.
Shane Wilson, Vice President of Corporate Strategy at Segway Powersports, emphasized, “The transformation of consumer behavior commences with aftermarket support and acceptance. Our partnership with Evolution Powersports marks the initial stride towards bolstering Segway’s Powersports division in terms of aftermarket support.”
Look for Segway Powersports to unveil an Evolution Powersports Villain SX10 model fitted with its aftermarket parts at the year’s Sands Sports Super Show on September 15-17, Booth 9100-LI.
For more information about Segway Powersports products, please visit the U.S. Segway website at SegwayPowersports.us and follow Segway Powersports on its social media channels at @segwaypowersportsus.Share